The Institute's focus on cutting-edge technologies has made it a leader in transportation operations and design research. TTI has established a world-class set of tools and resources for conducting advanced research in signs, markings, signals, work zones, visibility and highway design. Researchers are also able to perform real-time testing of signal control technologies.
- Hardware-in-the-Loop (HITL) Simulation Testbed
- Highway 6 Low-Volume Detector Testbed and Roadside Equipment Laboratory
- I-35 Austin High-Volume Detector Testbed
- Mobile Retroreflectometer Certification Course
- National Geotechnical Experimentation Site
- Signal Control Laboratory
- Visibility Research Laboratory