A separate fee is required for operator and equipment certifications. You may contact the Pavement Profiler Evaluation Facility at TxDOTCertifications@tti.tamu.edu or at (979) 845-3641 for more information.
- Base equipment test fee: $2500 per test (covers equipment certification on 1 selected test track)
- Each additional track fee: $1500 per test
- Equipment operator certification fee: $400 per operator
If an inertial profiler fails certification, a retest may be conducted at a reduced rate of $1000 provided that the retest can be scheduled and performed within the week of the scheduled profiler certification.
The applicable test fee must be paid by check, payable to the Texas A&M Transportation Institute, prior to testing. If you need to cancel a test, provide at least a 48-hour cancellation notice.
To schedule an operator and/or equipment certification, e-mail TxDOTCertifications@tti.tamu.edu and provide the following information:
- Your organization’s name, telephone number, and street address.
- If you are applying for TxDOT operator certification, the number of individuals from your organization who are going to take this test and the profiler they will be using to take the practical test.
- If you are applying for equipment certification, the number of profilers and the profiler models to be tested, whether you need TxDOT certification per Test Method Tex-1001-S or an equipment certification based on AASHTO R 56, and the test sections you want your profiler to be certified on.
- The date when you want to take the certification tests based on the schedule below.
Note: Before we can schedule a TxDOT equipment certification for your profiler, we need an executable copy of the manufacturer’s filter program to process the data from the certification testing. Please talk to the manufacturer of your inertial profiler about this. TTI is not responsible for getting the appropriate filter program for your profiler.
|Operator Certification||Equipment Certification|
|March 8*||March 9-10|
|June 14*||June 15-16|
|September 13*||September 14-15|
|December 13*||December 14-15|
All classes will be conducted in the TEEX Public Safety and Security Office on the Texas A&M Riverside Campus. Please be at the designated classroom no later than 8:30 am.
* Classroom D
You may view local hotel accomodations through the Bryan-College Station Convention and Visitors Bureau website.