The Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Program focuses on shallow and deep foundations for bridges and other structures, retaining walls, slope stability, and geo-environmental issues including the detection and remediation of soil contaminants.
Researchers in the Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Program have extensive expertise in the following areas:
- shrink-swell soils and unsaturated soils,
- scour and erosion,
- marine geotechnics,
- remote data acquisition,
- shallow foundations,
- deep foundations,
- slope stability,
- retaining walls,
- numerical simulations, and
- large-scale testing.
The Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Program has worked with the following sponsors:
- Federal Highway Administration (FHWA),
- Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT),
- National Science Foundation (NSF),
- Department of Energy (DOE),
- Department of Interior (DOI), and
- National Cooperative Research Program (NCHRP).
For More InformationJean-Louis Briaud
CE/TTI Building, Room 710
TTI/Geotech and Geoenvironmental
Texas A&M University System
College Station, TX 77843-3135