The Recyclable Materials Program studies materials resulting from recycling (such as fly ash and reclaimed asphalt pavement) that can be used in pavements for economic or performance benefit.
Researchers in the Recyclable Materials Program have extensive expertise in the following areas:
- asphalt concrete,
- recycled materials,
- flexible pavements,
- construction and maintenance,
- pavement performance,
- ground-penetrating radar,
- performance-based specifications,
- pavement management systems, and
- pavement design.
The projects researched by the Recyclable Materials Program are primarily funded by:
- the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT),
- Southwest Region University Transportation Center (SWUTC),
- International Center for Aggregates Research (ICAR),
- Texas Coal Ash Utilization Group, and
- private industry.
For More InformationCindy Estakhri
CE/TTI Building, Room 310
Texas A&M University System
College Station, TX 77843-3135
(979) 845-7511 · fax (979) 845-0278