The Research and Implementation Office in Dallas assists local agencies and organizations link research findings to implementation practices through the transfer of technology. TTI has operated an office in Dallas to serve that rapidly growing area of the state since 1968, when the Federal Highway Administration selected TTI to develop one of the first integrated freeway and surface street control and management systems in the United States.
The System Operation Management Program in Arlington provides ongoing research and technical support to the Dallas, Fort Worth, El Paso and Lubbock TxDOT Districts, DART and other sponsors. This Program works in coordination with the TTI Dallas office to support the TxDOT Dallas District. The System Operation Management Program is located in Arlington, Texas. View a map to the office’s location online.
The Dallas Research and Implementation Offices have expertise in the following areas:
- Freeway Operations,
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS),
- Ramp Metering Systems,
- Automatic Vehicle Identifications (AVI) Systems,
- Arterial Street System Operations,
- HOV/Managed Lane Operations,
- Hurricane Evacuation Planning,
- Transportation and Traffic Systems Modeling, and
- Signing and Pavement Marking Evaluation.
The System Operation Management Program in Arlington has a staff of five engineers, two technicians, one administrative coordinator, two administrative assistants, one programmer and two college students who work part time on data collection activities. Areas of expertise include freeway analysis, incident management, safety studies and ITS evaluation.
The division is currently pursuing the following research initiatives:
- Dallas Freeway Management System,
- Rural ITS Applications in TxDOT Dallas District,
- North Texas Tollway Authority ITS Plan,
- Regional Comprehensive ITS Plan, Dallas-Fort Worth Area,
- Improved ITS Information Network for Incident Management, and
- Freeway Traffic Operations Course Instructor.
For More InformationJason Crawford
Research and Implementation - North Texas Region
Texas A&M Transportation Institute
Texas A&M University System
110 N. Davis Dr., Suite 101
Arlington, TX 76013
(817) 462-0512 · fax (817) 461-1239