Assistant Research SpecialistWork Zone and DMS - TTI Headquarters and Research Building, Room 252
Texas A&M Transportation Institute
Texas A&M University System
College Station, TX 77843-3135
ph. (979) 845-6174 Ext. 56174 · fax (979) 845-4872
Short BiographySandra K. Schoeneman is a Research Associate at the Texas A&M Transportation Institute and is a part of the Work Zone and DMS Program. Ms. Schoeneman has been a full-time staff member at the Institue for over 20 years, joining TTI on an administrative level with the Traffic Management & Information Systems program. In this capacity, she then became interested and involved in several research projects. Her duties included recruiting participants and conducting night-time research studies on transportation related subject matters. At the same time, she also became involved with assisting in conducting and monitoring child restraint and safety belt research surveys. In 1998 she advanced to a Research Associate position in the Engineering Factors program of the Safety and Structures division at TTI. Her primary duties included pre and post-evaluation of the vehicle crash tests. After each test, she assisted in the data analysis, writing and the editing process for 96 research reports. Ms. Schoeneman joined the Center for Transportation's Survey Research Group in 2001. She began by recruiting participants for research in the Safety Center's driving simulator. In her various positions, she has accrued nine years experience with conducting and evaluating occupant restraint surveys, as well as motorcycle helmet and bicycle helmet use surveys. In 2006, she transferred to the Work Zone and DMS program and is involved with research studies that involve survey implementation and delivery and other various data collection efforts. In 2000, she was certified as a Child Passenger Safety Technician. She has also conducted personal interview surveys with business owners and the general public in various locations around the United States on different issues during the past ten years. In addition, she has assisted in recruiting and coordinating and assisting with data analysis for at least 18 focus groups on various traffice safety and transportation related subject matters.
- B.B.A., Sam Houston State University, 1986.
- Assistant Research Specialist, Work Zone and DMS, Texas A&M Transportation Institute, September 2013 - Present.
- Research Associate, Work Zone and DMS Program, Texas Transportation Institute, June 1998 - August 2013.
- Senior Secretary, Traffic Management & Information Systems Program, Texas Transportation Institute, February 1992 - May 1998.
- Staff Assistant, Texas Transportation Institute, February 1990 - January 1992.
- Senior Secretary, Texas Transportation Institute, September 1988 - January 1990.
- Secretary, Texas Transportation Institute, February 1988 - September 1988.