Associate Research SpecialistEnvironment and Planning - Riverside 7061
Texas A&M Transportation Institute
Texas A&M University System
College Station, TX 77843-3135
ph. (979) 845-0912 Ext. 50912
Short BiographyMr. Foster is an Assistant Research Specialist with the Texas A&M Transportation Institute and earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from Texas A&M University in 1994 in Political Science with a minor in Agriculture. Mr. Foster has over 17 years of experience working for the Texas A&M University System in the laboratory and pilot plant setting and has many years of experience in facility, personnel and research project management.
Mr Foster has extensive experience working with contract research and is skilled in interacting with customers and clients in coordinating research schedules and communicating research results. He has represented TTI at International Erosion Control Association events and works closely with TxDOT, TTI & industry personnel to prepare and review test results, insure accuracy and detail in research reports and discuss ongoing needs of the laboratory and testing processes.
He has a very hands on management style and is directly involved in testing, working with & advising students on research projects, and is personally involved with equipment maintenance and repair. Mr. Foster is also skilled and experienced in designing & fabricating custom laboratory processing equipment for Texas A&M pilot plants and laboratories.
- B.A., Political Science, Texas A&M University, 1994.
- Certificate, Advanced Khmer Language and Culture, Southeast Asian Summer Studies Institute, Seattle, Washington, 1992.
- Associate Research Specialist, Environment and Planning, Texas A&M Transportation Institute, September 2010 - Present.
- Assistant Research Specialist, Environmental Management, Texas Transportation Institute, January 2006 - August 2010.
- Research Associate, Environmental Management, Texas Transportation Institute, July 2003 - December 2005.
- Laboratory Coordinator and Processing Technician, Food Protein R&D Center, Texas A&M University, September 1994 - June 2003.