Associate Research ScientistTolling Research
Texas A&M Transportation Institute
Texas A&M University
9441 LBJ Freeway, Suite 103
Dallas, TX 75243
ph. (972) 994-2202 Ext. 13102
Short BiographyRoberto has over 10 years of experience in the tolling industry with expertise in implementation and systems engineering. His most recent experience was with ACS Government Solutions in the mid-Atlantic area where he was a Senior Project Manager. He has done work for various Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) clients such as the Pennsylvania Turnpike and Maryland Transportation Authority E-ZPass programs.
- M.S.C.E., Civil Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, 1996.
- B.S.C.E., Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, Monterrey, Mexico, 1992, Outstanding Student Award, 1992.
- Associate Research Scientist, Tolling Research, Texas A&M Transportation Institute, September 2007 - Present.
- Senior Project Manager, ACS Government Solutions, February 2006 - August 2007.
- Project Manager, ACS Transportation Solutions, September 2002 - January 2006.
- Project Manager, WorldCom ETC, June 2000 - August 2002.
- Project Manager/Engineer, MFS Transportation Systems, 1998 - 2000.
- System Engineer, MFS Transportation Systems, 1996 - 1997.
- Research Assistant, Center for Transportation Research, University of Texas, 1994 - 1996.
- Structural Engineer, Grupo Industrial de la Construccion, 1993 - 1994.
- Member, Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE), 1994 - 1996.
- Member, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), 1992 - 1993.
R. Macias. Time Savings Benefits Assessment for Secure Border Trade Program -- Phase I. 186043-00008. Center for International Intelligent Transportation Research, Texas A&M Transportation Institute. September 2013.
R. Macias. OOCEA Efficiency Study Phase I Report. 600901-1. December 2012.
R. Rajbhandari, J.C. Villa, R. Macias, W.H. Tate. Border-Wide Assessment of Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) Technology?Current and Future Concepts. FHWA-HOP-12-015. February 2012.