Senior Conference CoordinatorEvent Management & Planning - TTI Headquarters and Research Building, Room 355
Texas A&M Transportation Institute
Texas A&M University System
College Station, TX 77843-3135
ph. (979) 845-9225 Ext. 59225
Short BiographyKerry is a Certified Government Meeting Professional (CGMP) which is the highest designation available that is specifically for government meeting professionals. Achieving this certification demonstrates her commitment to enhancing her government expertise and to improving the quality of her meetings. Kerry now has specific and thorough knowledge on ethics, budget and appropriations, acquisition and contracting, travel regulations, RFPs, risk management and protocol.
Kerry has worked in customer service throughout her entire career. She is self-motivated and driven to deliver results and solutions for both clients and vendors. Kerry possesses strong leadership skills to guide and mentor others. She is adept at managing and directing service and support requirements as well as advising and consulting with clients in regard to their service requirements. Kerry coordinates 4 - 5 conferences of strategic value to the Institute per year, and assists in planning an additional 4 - 5 conferences per year. She is the lead coordinator for the annual Transportation Short Course with over 2000 attendees, the annual Intelligent Transportation Society of Texas Meeting, and the Mileage Based User Fee Symposium just to name a few. Kerry has traveled to Florida, Minnesota, and Colorado to conduct conferences for her TTI clients.
Kerry has recently received her Master's degree from the University of Oklahoma.
- M.A., Administrative Leadership, University of Oklahoma, 2012.
- B.A., European History, University of Houston, Houston, Texas, 1991.
- Senior Conference Coordinator, Event Management & Planning, Texas A&M Transportation Institute, September 2013 - Present.
- Conference Coordinator, Event Management & Planning, Texas Transportation Institute, May 2007 - August 2013.
- Assist. to the Dept. Head, Engr. Technology and Ind. Distribution, College of Engineering, Texas A&M University, July 2005 - April 2007.
- Owner and Manager, Exclusively You Day Spa, July 2001 - January 2005.
- Member, Texas Transportation Institute, TTI Day Committee, 2011.
- Chairperson, Texas A&M Transportation Institute, TTI Day Committee, 2010.
- Member, Texas A&M Transportation Institute, TTI Day Committee, 2009.
- Member, Texas A&M Transportation Institute, TTI Day Committee, 2008.
Honors & Awards
Herbert H. Richardson Team Award for the Texas 2030 Transportation Needs Assessment Team, Texas A&M Transportation Institute, 2009.
Herbert H. Richardson Team Award for the Transportation Short Course Conference, Texas A&M Transportation Institute, 2008.