Your assistance in identifying and nominating individuals who should be considered for this recognition is appreciated.
Any person making a significant contribution to the Texas transportation system since statehood (1845) is eligible for consideration, with these exceptions:
- individuals currently holding an elected office
- individuals currently holding a transportation-related appointed position (e.g., TxDOT commissioner, transit authority board member, etc.)
- individuals currently serving on the Transportation Hall of Honor Board
The Texas Transportation Hall of Honor is located in the Gibb Gilchrist Transportation Research Building in the Research Park at Texas A&M University. A bronze plaque recognizing each inductee is on permanent display at this location.
A board comprised of at least five persons selects individuals for induction into the Texas Transportation Hall of Honor. The board is comprised of senior leaders in the state who possess a broad understanding of the transportation system in Texas and its historical background.
How to Nominate
Nominations should include the following information:
- Nominee identification (name, positions held and dates, etc.)
- Description of why this individual deserves this recognition. This description (three pages or less) should include the nominee’s lifelong contribution to the development and sustainment of the Texas transportation system. Additional supporting materials (e.g., press clippings, biographical data sheets, reference letters) can be provided as appropriate (less than seven pages total).
TTI would appreciate knowing how you learned about the nomination process,
- via mail
- via e-mail
- from a friend or colleague.
Deadline for Submitting Nominations
Nominations may be submitted at any time. Individuals are inducted on an annual basis. To be considered in the current calendar year, nominations must be received by November 15.
Submit Nominations by Mail or E-mail ToAgency Director
Texas A&M Transportation Institute
Texas A&M University System
College Station, Texas 77843-3135
ph. (979) 845-1713