The Research and Implementation Office in Dallas helps local agencies and organizations link research findings to implementation practices through the transfer of technology. TTI has operated an office in Dallas to serve that rapidly growing area of the state since 1968, when the Federal Highway Administration selected TTI to develop one of the first integrated freeway and surface street control and management systems in the United States.
View a map to this office’s location online.
Researchers in the Dallas Office have expertise in the following areas:
- intelligent transportation systems,
- ITS architecture and standards,
- freeway management,
- traffic control systems,
- traffic engineering and operations,
- computer programming,
- software systems design and integration, and
- traffic management system software design.
Research, Implementation, and Technology Transfer
Research, implementation, and technology transfer initiatives performed by the Dallas Office include the following:
- Development of a Comprehensive Intelligent Transportation System Plan for the Dallas Urban Area,
- Rural ITS Applications in TxDOT Dallas District,
- Dallas Freeway Management System Prototype Software,
- Assistance in Development of a North Texas Tollway Authority ITS Plan,
- Mobility coordination for TxDOT on major freeway construction projects such as High Five interchange and North Central Expressway (US 75),
- Improved ITS Information Network for Incident Management,
- Data Access Requirements for Texas Traffic Management Centers,
- Transportation System Operations Manual, and
- Course instruction in freeway management, ITS standards, and ITS architecture.
Researchers in the Dallas Office maintain cooperative relationships with the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART), North Texas Tollway Authority (NTTA), and Federal Highway Administration (FHWA).
For More InformationJason Crawford
Research and Implementation - Dallas
Texas A&M Transportation Institute
Texas A&M University System
12700 Park Central, Suite 1000
Dallas, TX 75251
(972) 994-0433 · fax (972) 994-0522