The U.S. Department of Transportation is studying the experiences of regular drivers in the Houston area and is seeking your feedback! The study will involve an initial survey, a series of mini-surveys completed on your smartphone over one month, and a final survey.
To participate in this study you must:
- Have a valid U.S. driver’s license;
- Be between the ages of 18 and 70;
- Have a smart phone compatible with the project mobile application (Apple iOS 8 or later OR Android 4.1 or later);
- Be the sole driver of your vehicle or the one who drives it at least 90% of the time;
- Drive on I-45 North or the Hardy Toll Road in the Houston area at least 3 times per week;
- Have regular/daily internet access; and
- Speak/read English
If you qualify for the study and choose to participate, your input will help regional agencies prioritize improvements to the transportation system. Additionally, qualifying participants who complete every step will earn up to $100 in cash.
For more information on the Houston, Texas, study, see the study flyer.
For more information on the Columbus, Ohio, study, see the study flyer.
This study is being conducted by Battelle Memorial Institute and Texas A&M Transportation Institute.