Approved: March 9, 2022
Next Scheduled Review: March 9, 2027
In accordance with Texas A&M University System Regulation 09.02.01, Official Messaging, this rule establishes the Texas A&M Transportation Institute (TTI) processes for adherence to this regulation.
Reason for Rule
The purpose of this rule is to ensure appropriate oversight for official agency messaging to external audiences, as required by Texas A&M University System Regulation 09.02.01, Official Messaging.
Procedures and Responsibilities
- TTI employees are expected to route official agency messaging, such as agency press releases, agency-wide social media and website postings, and agency external signage requests through proper channels.
- The TTI Communications Office is responsible for official, agency-wide social media and website postings, and press release content and distribution, in consultation with subject matter experts.
- The TTI Communications Office regularly tracks media coverage for the agency, and subject matter experts are encouraged to inform agency communications staff of media interview requests and placements.
- The TTI Communications staff is available to help develop relationships with members of the media, coordinate media interview requests for subject matter experts, and provide guidance to subject matter experts to help ensure successful interactions with the media.
- The TTI Facilities, Safety and Support Services Office is responsible for official agency external building and vehicle signage.
Related Statutes, Policies, or Requirements