- System employees, including graduate assistants and student employees who are members of the state military forces or any reserve component of the U.S. Armed Forces, are entitled to 15 work days of paid military leave per federal fiscal year (October 1 through September 30).
- Special Provisions for National Emergencies:
- An employee on active military duty whose gross military pay is less than his or her gross state pay will be entitled to differential pay. Differential pay will be granted through emergency leave in the percentage of time necessary to make up the difference between military pay and state pay.
- Employees whose military salaries are higher than their state salaries may use one or more hours of accrued vacation or compensatory time each month to maintain health and leave benefits.
- Special Family and Medical Leave (FMLA) leave expansion for military employees and eligible dependents:
- FMLA leave for eligible employees who need leave for a “qualifying exigency” related to military service.
- Expanded leave to care for ill or injured employee members.
- Employees may continue all current A&M System insurance coverage and receive an employer contribution, provided they are 50 percent effort or more and in a paid status.
- Employees continue to accrue leave benefits during paid or unpaid military leave. The hours accrued during the absence will not be available to use until the employee returns to employment.