Core functionalities of the new PEP program include services such as:
- public engagement and outreach,
- public opinion data collection and analysis,
- travel behavior research survey design consultation,
- investment prioritization,
- establishment and assessment of performance-based measures, and
- targeted messaging.
Public scrutiny and agency accountability are at an all-time high. Agencies are looking for a better understanding of the issues that are important to their customers. In an era of strained financial resources, it is necessary to prioritize issues that are important to the people that support the transportation system through taxes and fees. The Public Engagement Planning (PEP) program provides research innovations and coordinated support to sponsors in the areas of public engagement planning and public opinion research.