The Texas District of the Institute of Transportation Engineers (TexITE) worked over the summer to evaluate and choose a platform to deliver its first virtual conference. TTI’s involvement included speakers, moderators, and behind-the-scenes logistics:
- Jason Crawford moderated and Robert Wunderlich spoke at the plenary session, “COVID-19: What Happened?”;
- Srinivas Geedipally spoke during the “Vision Zero Session”;
- Minh Le spoke during the “ITS Ignite Session”;
- Jim Cline moderated and Srinivasa Sunkari spoke during the session on “Multimodal Opportunities”; and
- John Habermann served on the virtual Local Arrangements Committee and assisted with harmonizing the event from behind the scenes.
Noteworthy TTI Highlights
- Jim Cline was awarded the TexITE 2020 Engineer of the Year Award for the Texas District (see photo).
- Melisa Finley was selected to a three-year term to serve on the International Board of Directors as the TexITE representative.
- Xiaoyu “Sky” Guo won the Student Paper Award.
- Beverly Kuhn has been elected as international vice president for TexITE.
- Jason Crawford serves as chair of the International Coordinating Council.
- David Florence serves as the Brazos Valley section representative on the TexITE board.
- John Habermann serves as the at-large area representative on the TexITE board.