The Transportation Research Board (TRB) recently appointed Texas A&M Transportation Institute (TTI) researchers and staff members as chairs and co-chairs on TRB committees and groups. These newly appointed chairs and co-chairs started their term April 15. Committee chairs may serve two consecutive three-year terms, and group chairs a three-year term.
TRB staff make recommendations for appointments to TRB’s executive director. Chair or co-chair responsibilities involve providing oversight and guidance in a committee or group, managing meetings and assigned tasks, and getting members plugged into TRB activities and events.
Chairs help with “ … promoting innovation and progress in transportation through research; identifying needed research, research in progress, and disseminating completed research; assisting in the development of the TRB Annual Meeting; and reviewing papers submitted for presentation at the Annual Meeting and for publication consideration in a Transportation Research Record” (TRB).
TTI’s recently appointed chairs and co-chairs include:
- Karen Dixon, head of TTI’s Traffic Operations and Roadway Safety Division — co-chair of ACS20 Standing Committee on Safety Performance and Analysis;
- Bill Eisele, head of TTI’s Mobility Division — chair of AT000 Freight Systems Group;
- Melisa Finley, TTI senior research engineer — chair of ACP55 Standing Committee on Traffic Control Devices;
- Bill Frawley, manager of TTI’s Urban Analysis Program — chair of AEP10 Standing Committee on Transportation Planning Policy and Processes;
- Todd Hansen, TTI associate research scientist — co-chair of AME50 Standing Committee on Accessible Transportation and Mobility;
- Beverly Kuhn, Regents Fellow and head of TTI’s System Reliability Division — chair of ACP20 Standing Committee on Freeway Operations;
- Jolanda Prozzi, head of TTI’s Multimodal Planning and Environment Division — chair of AT030 Standing Committee on Agriculture and Food Transportation;
- Sushant Sharma, TTI research scientist — chair of AT015 Standing Committee on Freight Transportation Planning and Logistics;
- Ioannis Tsapakis, TTI research scientist — chair of ACP70 Standing Committee on Highway Traffic Monitoring; and
- Juan Villa, head of TTI’s Mexico City Division — chair of AT020 Standing Committee on International Trade and Transportation.
Congrats to the new appointees!