Conducting programs of research, education and technology transfer to improve roadway safety.
The Institute’s safety innovations can be found throughout Texas and around the world. Major advancements have occurred in the design of roadside safety devices such as guardrails, crash cushions and sign supports. TTI is leading other significant advancements in traffic signals and signs, distracted-driving and crash analysis, and bicycle and pedestrian safety, just to name a few.
- Bringing the Passion at the Virtual 2020 Texas Child Passenger Safety Conference
- Winfree Featured in Bloomberg CityLab Article
- Texas Roads Less Crowded, but No Less Dangerous
- A Galaxy Not So Far Away: Safety Innovation at the 2020 Virtual Traffic Safety Conference
- The Safe System Approach with Robert Wunderlich, P.E.
- The Last Stop with Greg Winfree: More than Meets the Eye — Expanding How We See Transportation Safety in a World with Pandemics
- TTI, Texas A&M Partner on Senior Driver Assistance Technologies Study
- Are You Currently “Home” Schooling? Add Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety to Your Child’s Schoolwork
- 2020 National Work Zone Awareness Week
- Now’s the Time to Teach Your Teen to Drive
- ATLAS Center – Advancing Transportation Leadership and Safety
- TTI Enhances Its Proving Ground with New Research Facilities
- Crash Analysis Group
- Simulated Crash Testing
- Motorcycle Safety Gear Research by TTI Center for Transportation Safety
- Traffic Safety Awareness Study of Texas by TTI Center for Transportation Safety
- New Study: “Other Drivers” Are a Bigger Threat on the Road
- Assessing the Effectiveness of Wrong-Way Driving Countermeasures
- Parent Drivers: A Model for Life