Division Head, TTIMajor Highway Structures - CE/TTI, Room 808U
Texas A&M Transportation Institute
Texas A&M University System
College Station, TX 77843-3135
ph. (979) 845-1940 · fax (979) 845-6554
Short BiographyDr. Mary Beth Hueste is an Associate Professor and Holder of the E.B. Snead '25 Career Development Professorship II in the Zachry Department of Civil Engineering at Texas A&M University. She joined Texas A&M University in 1998 where she is a member of the structural engineering faculty and Division Head for the Construction, Geotechnical and Structural (CGS) Division. Dr. Hueste is also the Structures Program Manager for the Constructed Facilities Division of the Texas A&M Transportation Institute and a served as a member of the Leadership Team for the NSF Mid-America Earthquake Center. She is a Fellow of the American Concrete Institute (ACI) and Chair of ACI-ASCE Committee 352 (Joint and Connections in Monolithic Concrete Structures). Dr. Hueste is conducting research focused on earthquake resistant design of reinforced concrete structures, structural rehabilitation and repair including seismic retrofitting, performance-based seismic design, probabilistic assessment of structural performance, and design and evaluation of prestressed concrete bridge structures. She has conducted research sponsored by the NSF Mid-America Earthquake Center, the Minerals Management Service, and the Texas Department of Transportation; and has authored or co-authored over 60 technical papers and reports. Dr. Hueste teaches courses in structural engineering, including statics, reinforced concrete design, and prestressed concrete design along with the undergraduate structures capstone design course and the general civil engineering undergraduate captstone design course.
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, University of Michigan, 1997.
- M.S., Civil Engineering, University of Kansas, 1993.
- B.S., Civil Engineering, North Dakota State University, 1988, With Honor.
- Division Head, Construction, Geotechnical and Structures Division, Texas A&M Transportation Institute, Present.
- Research Engineer, Major Highway Structures, Texas A&M Transportation Institute, Present.
- Division Head, Construction , Geotechnical, and Structures Division; Department of Civil Engineering, Texas A&M University, September 2010 - Present.
- Assistant Division Head, Construction, Geotechnical, and Structures Division; Department of Civil Engineering, Texas A & M University, November 2005 - Present.
- Structures Program Manager, Texas A & M University, June 2005 - Present.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, Texas A & M University, January 1998 - August 2005.
- Structural Engineer, Black & Veatch, Dallas, Texas, June 1988 - December 1993.
- Civil Engineering Technician, North Dakota Soil Conservation Service, Bismarck, North Dakota, June 1987 - August 1987.
Professional Engineer in Kansas, Registration No. 12774, 1993.
Professional Engineer in Texas, Registration No. 89660, 2002.
- Member, American Concrete Institute, 1995 - Present.
- Voting Member, ACI-ASCE Committee 352, Joints and Connections in Monolithic Concrete Structures, February 2004 - Present.
- Voting Member, ACI Committee 374, Performance-Based Seismic Design of Concrete Buildings, January 1999 - Present.
- Associate Member, ACI Committee 375, Performance-Based Design of Concrete Building for Wind Loads, June 2000 - Present.
- Member, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), 1993 - Present.
- Member, American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE), 1999 - Present.
- Consortium of Universities for Research in Earthquake Engineering, 2002 - Present.
- Earthquake Engineering Research Institute, 1995 - Present.
- Member, NEES Consortium, 2003 - Present.
- Member, Precast/Prestressed Concrete Insitute (PCI), 2003 - Present.
- Structural Engineering Educator Member, Structural Engineers Association of Texas, 1998 - Present.
Honors & Awards
E.B. Snead II Development Professorship, Texas A & M University, 2007.
Academic Courses Taught
CVEN 444 - Structural Concrete Design. Texas A & M University.
ENGR 111 - Foundation of Engineering I. Texas A & M University.
M.B. Hueste, J.B. Mander, T. Terzioglu, D. Jiang, J.A. Petersen-Gauthier. Spread Prestressed Concrete Slab Beam Bridges. Project Summary Report. 0-6722-S. Texas A&M Transportation Institute, College Station, TX. 2015.
M.B. Hueste, J.B. Mander, A.S. Parkar. Continuous Prestressed Concrete Girder Bridges, Volume1: Literature Review and Preliminary Designs. 0-6651-1. Texas Transportation Institute, College Station, TX. June 2012.