Whether you are a technology provider interested in learning where your product will provide the most value or whether you are a business encountering supply chain issues, the Texas A&M Transportation Institute’s (TTI’s) Supply Chain Technology Hub can help you. The hub is specifically focused on evaluating supply chain technologies designed to aid in the movement and tracking of goods. Not only does the hub evaluate technologies, but it also analyzes and develops business cases where the technologies can be used effectively. In some cases, it may be necessary to look at a broader set of activities of the supply chain to solve a business problem. In such cases, TTI has immediate access to experts in The Texas A&M University System that will assist in the analysis of the most complex and wide-ranging issues.
Our services include:
- Technology integration – Integration of AutoID technologies
- Visibility systems design – Design of tracking/tracing and Internet of Things systems
- Technology testing in supply chain operations – Radio frequency identification system, barcoding, GPS, wireless sensor networks, biometrics, Bluetooth, etc.
- Simulations of technology impacts – Benefits of technology implementation
- Supply chain network design and testing through simulation – Supply chain echelons interactions for more sustainable, efficient and effective operations
- Supply chain resilience evaluations – Risk assessment, redundancies, robustness, and contingency
- Maritime nodes analyses (Ports modeling):
- Seaport terminal operation analyses
- Cargo sea flows analyses
Our mission is to cover user needs such as:
- Know-how and technical knowledge
- Resources, time or facilities
- Financial and implementation investment burden
- Mistrust in vendors or consulting firms that present biased solutions
We pledge to our technology partners to provide:
- A platform to promote technological products via testing
- A distribution channel via technology solutions implementations
Texas A&M System and TTI Partnership
TTI and Texas A&M System staff have broad knowledge, expertise, and experience in the supply chain and logistics industry.
Robust Knowledge Base and Project Experience
- Supply chain and logistics project experience
- Supply chain improvement initiatives and technology implementations
- Experience across all transportation modes
TTI has relationships and has managed supply chain technology testing laboratories with both public and private entities.